Extorr, Inc. manufactures electronic instruments based on quadrupole mass spectrometer technology. The Company was founded with vacuum measurement products at the center of its business. Its flagship product, the XT residual gas analyzer product line, has a unique competitive position since it can measure both total pressure as well as the partial pressures of gases left in a vacuum system. This product not only takes the place of residual gas analyzers (RGAs), but also a diverse range of instruments required for vacuum measurements at orders of magnitude higher operating range than the traditional RGA. We pride ourselves in offering the best value in the industry to our customers all over the world.
John Hackwelder, Electrical Engineer received a Bachelor of Science degree from Carnegie-Mellon University in 1976. His experience in the RGA field includes:
- 1983 to 1986, founder and president of Dycor Inc.
- 1986 to 1990, various consulting for RGA manufacturers.
VP Sales and Marketing
Lutz Kurzweg, Atomic and Molecular Physicist received a Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh in 1970. His experience in the RGA field includes:
- 1978 to 1984, Systems Specialist at Extrel
- 1984 to 1986, Sales manager at Dycor, inc.
- 1986 to 1987, Sales Manager at Ametek inc.
- 1987 to 1990, Senior Scientist at Inficon
- 1997 to 1998, Engineering Manager at MKS Instuments, UTI division